As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Blog Break


I am taking a little blogging break while I recover from oral surgery. My plans for the next few days include: 

Frozen coffees . . . 



Reading . . . 



Blended creamy potato soup (made on Sunday in preparation) . . . 



And ice packs. (Apparently, my pride was removed with my wisdom teeth or I'd not be showing you this no-makeup, no-smile, swollen-face photo.)


I'll see you in a few days! 

17 comments:

  1. Take care my friend. Let your family do what you always do. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave! Recover well friend and rest! Enjoy those iced coffees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for quick healing! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. I hope you recover quickly and well. You've prepared well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cheryl...you poor woman. That certainly looks miserable. (Your expression mimics one I have seen recently.) May those iced coffees soothe and may the girls come up with delicious, nutritious soups for the next couple of weeks. You are in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there, done that, and I looked like a bruised squirrel! Take care, enjoy the time to read. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take it slow and heal well. I like your ice packs and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear girl, praying that your recovery goes well and that you have many hands tending to all your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cheryl - praying that your recovery will be quick and complications free. Enjoy being pampered, it's your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless your heart! May your recovery be swift and complete. I had wisdom teeth pulled in my 20's, no fun.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That looks so uncomfortable and I will pray that your recovery time is short and sweet. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh nooo....praying your recovery is swift and as pain free as possible! Just rest and let others care for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, that does not look like any fun, Cheryl. Take it easy. I know the family will take good care of you. Do you have a bell or a buzzer? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care, Cheryl. Any kind of tooth pain is terrible. Praying for your quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear ... that does seem painful. And we love you with or without makeup, Cheryl. Wishing you a restful and full recovery. A careful hug, Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH! MY! Bless you, Dear Cheryl, please take, care, I will be praying for a speedy recovery!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...