As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Today



Today is a big day. 

It is exactly one week before Christmas and there is much to do. 

It is our sweet daughter-in-law's birthday. 

It is the day that I meet with the lead teacher of our ESL group and plan some lessons for the new semester . . . some of which I will be teaching myself. 

It is the anniversary of my first date with Ron. Forty-three years ago he brought me to his Sunday School class Christmas party. The rest is history. 

It is the day that Kati will have an anatomy scan  and (probably) learn the gender of this dear baby. 

December 18. One day. 

And I am struck with how much the past is intertwined with the present and with the future. 

There is lots to ponder, lots to rejoice in, lots to look forward to.

May we always be mindful of how important the moments of our days really are

Dear Lord, direct my steps each and every one of those days!




The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Proverbs 16:9


For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they were all written,
The days fashioned for me, 
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalm 139:13-18



11 comments:

  1. A lovely comforting post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to remember that every day is a big day. Your acknowledgement of that blesses all that hear these affirmations. Thank you for sharing your heart, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lot of life going on everyday. I’m excited for Kati and Andrew! Happy Birthday to dear, Sara. I don’t remember the date of our first ‘date,’ good for you to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Such a lot about this day both to honor and to celebrate. Enjoy the day! (And the evening, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent reminder. Thank you. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your DIL!!! Praise God for that sweet baby growing <3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day filled with memories of all kinds with some about to be made.

    May all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a great 2020 ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Cheryl. It is good to stop and ponder. Fun memories of that first date...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a marvelous day it is! The best part is that you stopped to remember the importance of it! Merry, Merry Christmas Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friends, I thank you for all of your kind comments and for always hearing when I share my heart! Christmas blessings to all of you!! (And please pardon me for not answering your comments individually this time. ❤)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...