As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, June 3, 2022

Visiting Kati and Family


"I hope we get to enjoy some of the visit . . . ," said Vee

"I do plan to gather some photos (mostly of the babies) and share the joy," I replied. 

And then . . . 

** total silence ** 
while we have a whirlwind couple of weeks filled with sunshine and shadow
and more work on the sunroom


But now I have gathered some glimpses of our time with Kati and Andrew and the babies. So much sweetness! 

Believe it or not, this is the first time that the three of us have visited Kati that they were not moving or had a newborn! This time, we were able to venture out a little . . . a couple of restaurants, a little antiquing and shopping, and (of course) a coffee shop. Mostly though, we were content to spend time at their home, hanging out together, playing with the babies, reading books to the babies, bathing the babies, talking, and eating. Kati and Andrew are both good cooks and we ate well! I had my first shrimp-and-grits at their house, made by Kati. I guess she's a true Southern girl now! 

Caleb turned two a couple of weeks before our visit. He has just started sleeping in a toddler bed. (He really wanted Papa to sit in it with him and Ellie!) He says so many words now. (One of my favorites is "G'an.") He absolutely loves to be read to, and he has his favorites that he asks for over and over. He is not a passive listener, but interacts with his books, naming all the animals on the pages, pointing out the farmer's shadow, or filling in a word or two. Caleb is a busy, happy toddler!

Ellie was 10.5 months during our visit. She is one of the most pleasant babies that I have ever seen. She rarely cries. She smiles easily. She "talks" a lot. She is friendly. And she watches everyone . . . especially Caleb! She is learning new skills every day. She had just learned to wave before our visit. Since then, she has learned to clap her hands. While we were there, she learned to climb up into Caleb's newly converted toddler bed. She was so proud of herself! 

photo by Bekah

Photo by Bekah

Photo by Bekah

Photo by Bekah

















Papa in the toddler bed :) 















Although we hated to leave, we left with full and happy hearts, so thankful for the time we shared together. 



14 comments:

  1. What a fine week! And, of course, the entire purpose was to soak up Kati and her precious family. Those children are adorable and they look related! 😁 It's so cute that Ellie is keeping her eye on Caleb. She learns so much from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look related, don't they? It was a fine week!

      Delete
  2. Oh the sweetness of these precious times together. Loved each and every photo. It's nice to have an extra photographer along to capture moments when others hands are full. It's been over 3 weeks since I've hugged our grands and it will be another week before they are back in our town. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! I am sure you miss those grandbabies! You're probably counting the days . . .

      Delete
  3. Loved the pics. The preciousness of being with the “grands”. What a blessing! Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! It was such a blessing to share time together!

      Delete
  4. Such wonderful photos of a special visit. Those darling little ones! Such a treasured time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling babies! They look a lot alike but I think maybe Ellie’s hair is lighter? I’m glad they love books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Ellie's hair is a little lighter . . . and I am glad they love books too!

      Delete
  6. You've got some great photos, Cheryl, of all those beautiful people in your life. Darling little ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda! I loved capturing the moments with my people!

      Delete
  7. What beautiful grandbabies. Each picture is a treasure. Thank you for bringing us along on your visit to Andrew and Kati's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming along . . . and for your kind words!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...