As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Blessing of Eve

Our precious granddaughter Eve is now three years old!


Eve loves her mommy and daddy, her sister Nora, and her dog Lucy.
She loves watching Little House on the Prairie.
She loves her doll Johnny Johnson.
She loves walks with her family.
She loves camping.
She loves kayaking.
She loves talking (a lot, so I hear).





I love hearing her voice on calls from across the miles.
I love hearing her say, "Hi, Gran!"
I love hearing her recite her new Bible verse for me.
I love her sweet, happy smile.
I love seeing new pictures of her.
I love her long blonde hair.
I love getting a card that Eve made herself.
I love that she is full of life.

And I love you, Eve...to the moon and back.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet birthday post, Gran. Your little Eve sure loves you too! And we ALL miss you ver much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this was one of my fav. books to read to the kids when they were little!!! What a precious poem for Eve and precious pictures of her!!! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three years old! Wow! Happy Birthday, Sweet Little Eve! It's such a wonderful thing to be loved!

    Cheryl, I know how much your arms long to wrap themselves around your faraway family members. And especially so on a birthday ! These photos are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! What a dear poem so sweet! I have read this book to Aaron many nights and he loves it. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...