As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another First

My daughter started her first job today.

Yesterday, I was rocking her to sleep and singing "You Are My Sunshine" to her...and today she is working at a bookstore thousands of miles away from me. How can this be?

When I spoke with Kati this evening, she was enthused, and so I am enthused too. We are thanking the Lord for working out all the details (and they were many!) of getting a work permit for a homeschooled student who is not a permanent resident of the state where she is working.

This job will last about six weeks, and Kati will be returning home at the end of the summer, just in time to begin her senior year in homeschool. And again I say, "How can this be?"

Tonight, I turn to my Heavenly Father, for He is Grace. I ask Him to watch over Kati as she takes another new step in this year of firsts. I am thankful that she has made Him her dwelling place.
Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalm 90:1,2

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I'm so thankful God made a way for Kati to work this job. It's such an exciting time of life for her. I love your words ... "for He is Grace." What a desert of a world this would be without Him. My mother's favorite scripture was "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in Truth." And I know you would say "Amen".

    Kati, I can't wait to hear the stories you will share with us when you return.

    Hugs to all ....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...