As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Snapshots: Cupcakes

It was a bright and sunny Sunday, and the tone was cheerful...

from the sprinkled cupcakes sitting in their brightly striped papers,
to the bright and cheerful clothes that everyone was wearing.  

No winter shades, no wools or fleece...
but purple-and-navy 
and coral
and aqua
and royal blue
and hot pink.
(The photographer should have taken more fashion shots today.)

Here are some of my favorite cupcake shots:

sooooo pretty 


yummy!

~ two sweet cupcakes in coordinating outfits ~


He's been my cupcake for almost 35 years!







6 comments:

  1. Lovely cupcakes:-) Your love for your family is always special:-) I'm sorry I took some time to visit your sweet place.I'm your new blog member now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcakes are such fun, and fun to photograph. I too saw a bit more color at church yesterday. It was definitely looking like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine one shot taken in black and white! Love the colors and the cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE that green and white poka dot coffee mug!! Such a darling family you have!!
    Blessings to you!
    Breahn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and yummy looking cupcakes, And I too have a very special cupcake, and he gets sweeter every day. ~smile~
    Enjoyed this.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Cupcakes!

    Just what we needed to see - color!!!!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...