As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Forgetting

I live by my lists.  If I don't write something down, I cannot be relied upon to remember it.  I sometimes blame it on my age, but really I have always been a bit forgetful. 

When Bekah was younger she would say to me, "Mama, you're a good forgetter."  How's that for putting positive spin on a flaw?  ~grin~ 

I'm a "good forgetter" all right. 

But not as good as my Father is!  
"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."  (Psalm 103:9-12)

 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."  (Jeremiah 31:34)

Oh, what an awesome truth!
  And if I know that my sins are forgiven, then I can deal with the cares of this life, and put them in perspective. 

I love Wayne Watson's song about this concept. 

Note:  Although this is You Tube, it is not really a video per se; the only image is the that of the album cover.  But you can listen to the dynamic words, and if you need to do something with your eyes, you can follow along with the lyrics which I have posted below.




DON’T YOU REMEMBER


You've got my file right in front of You,
That's it, that’s right, that's me,
My bag of sorrows and my sack of blues,
Every doubt, my unbelief
See, I've got page after page
After pitiful page, a list that never ends
Feel the need to bring up these old bones again

Don't You remember all the times I failed You,
All the times I wandered away
And don't You remember all of my offenses
Walking with the fools on parade?
I know You'd really like to help me out,
But You don't even know what I'm talking about,
It's not so much that You don't remember,
It's more that You choose to forget

How does it work that omniscient God
Can wipe the slate so clean
That if you looked for a single spot
A single spot could not be seen?
Oh, still I've got page after page after
Pitiful page locked in my memory,
Then I heard Him when He said to me:

Don't you remember I promised to forgive ya?
Gone as far as east from the west
And don't you remember I promised to be
Faithful to wash away the sin you confess?
You know I'd really like to help you out,
But I don't even know what you're talking about,
It's not so much that I don't remember,
It's more that I choose to forget

1 comment:

  1. My computer has been SO SLOW for about a week. I can't get the you tube video to download. But I read through the lyrics and they are beautiful. What an amazing truth! If my Jesus is a good 'forgetter' then I'm proud to be one too!

    Have a great day Cheryl! I'll come back tomorrow and remind you who I am! ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...