As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday Snapshots: Home Learning

What do you think of this deal? 

I cook lunch on Sundays; Kristin and Kati teach. 

Doesn't that sound like a great idea to you? 


~ Each Sunday this summer, Kristin taught First Aid to all of the children.  They learned about choking and dog bites, heat stroke and poison ivy.  (And they passed a quiz with flying colors at summer's end!)



Health requirement: R



~ On most Sunday afternoons year round, Kati teaches geography by helping the children to locate a different country on the globe.



 
Sometimes home education is as easy as grilled burgers and corn-on-the-cob!  ~wink~

(Psssst.  Don't tell the kids that this is "school"!)

3 comments:

  1. I definitely like your style! The beauty of home schooling...

    Once again I am loving the closeness of your family. It's so wonderful to have our adult children so much a part of our everyday. Even though Hillary live 3 hours away, we barely get to miss her and she's here again. Making us laugh, listening to her sisters, and restoring our home to wholeness. I still am left to imagine what the grands bring to the mix! :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret is safe with me Cheryl! ~smile~ the photos are priceless not to mention precious.
    Enjoy your week,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl, just checking in to see what we are doing tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit fuzzy brained again so I thought I'd visit my soul sister to see what's on our agenda. I figure if you're doing it, I should be too... ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...