As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunday Snapshots: The Sun Wins

No matter what the scientists say about the autumnal equinox and all that, Labor Day weekend is the end of summer on my calendar.  The time to put away the white skirts and the flowery sundresses, time to get out the school books...and time to enjoy the last homemade ice cream of the summer.  Yesterday, the flavor was butter pecan.    

As usual, the kiddos ate their ice cream on the trampoline...




But take a look at the adults' party.

What began as a circle, everyone eating ice cream and chatting away...



...gradually became a "Da Vinci's Last Supper" kind of a party, with everyone lined up on one side of the patio seeking the remaining bits of shade as the sun made its journey across the late afternoon sky. 





It did look a bit odd, but the sun is following its own calendar and it is determined that it is still summer (whether I like it or not). 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I always thought it a bit awkward when we hit the line up part of the day. I will forever and anon consider it our artistic pose! We will photograph it! Yea, Cheryl!! Once again, I am inspired!!!!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Cheryl!

    I'm afraid that Elizabeth does not have lessons for beginners. She calls the first lesson on the DVD for beginners but I can assure you it is NOT!

    I do however recommend her book Knitting Without Tears, coupled with some simple instruction. What Elizabeth gave me was a laid back attitude toward knitting which gave me confidence.

    I hope you do find someone to give you instruction. Knitting is so much fun... and so satisfying. Aargh! If only you lived closer...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...