As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Autumn Gatherings {Part 1}




We have been doing quite a bit of gathering lately...gathering with friends, gathering with family.


It was our turn to host our little supper group. We all got together in September and had so much fun and told so many stories and laughed so much that we decided we needed to gather once a month. We coordinated the schedules of three families, and on the last day of October, we picked right up where we left off the month before, with an everyone-brings-something meal, plenty of coffee and dessert, stories galore, young adults playing Dutch Blitz, toddlers being cute...the kind of evening that satisfies. 


We celebrated Kati's birthday with a family party. Later in the week, we took her to dinner and a play. Then she had another birthday dinner with a friend. Birthday gatherings in multiples. 



Then there was Alaine's Special Day, her very first. After her brothers had their Special Day a couple of weeks earlier, she could hardly wait for her turn. She had chosen the dress she would wear and asked her mama every day if that day was the day.  But her day finally came, we all had a delightful time...and now she's ready for another! Sweet girl!




The Annual Mother/Daughter Christmas Shopping Trip was last week. Oh my goodness. The fog that morning was crazy thick. Yikes!

Can you see the road? (Neither could I.) 

We I was tempted to abandon ship van, but the fog slowly lifted and we went on to eat, shop, sip coffee and apple cider, and walk our legs off. 

Oh...and take a group selfie. First time ever. 



Tomorrow, I'll tell you about another gathering and share a recipe for an autumn dessert.



Have you been a part of any autumn gatherings?

10 comments:

  1. Such good times!

    Alaine is so adorable!

    We have gathered at our Fall Fest, with friends on Sundays, and now with family at Tim's Aunt's funeral. Precious times for all events.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious times with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! No fall gatherings here yet...crazy schedules! Oldest son is out driving a big truck over the road and not sure he will be home for Thanksgiving...it seems outr gathering is still is still kind of up in the air! Oh well, I got my turkey no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recovery at home so far but looking forward to some gatherings later this week and I think I'm ready. It looks like a special tradition with your shopping and coffee sipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I just read that comment I just left...it sounds like I have already had too much turkey...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had some fun Autumn gatherings already traveling to our son's home and now this weekend our son and his girlfriend are traveling here for our family Thanksgiving meal. I love Fall gatherings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So enjoyed seeing and hearing about your special times with your family. Soo what I love! We have some coming up Thanksgiving week-end when Melody arrives. Looking forward to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those shopping days! I remember them with great fondness.

    Alaine is such a cutie pie and no wonder she's ready for another special day with all the special attention and fun. That's such a great thing you do with your grands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good times together are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...