As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Personal Photo Challenge {Christmas Scenes}


There are many lovely photo opportunities at Christmastime. So when I did my homework (by reading the instructive articles Donna provided) and started looking around for subjects for this month's challenge (Christmas Scenes), I wasn't sure where to start. People? Lights? Decor? 

As it turned out, I ended up choosing some close-up shots of my nooks and crannies. 

(All photos were taken with my Canon Rebel T3.) 


* * *

A little sparkle and shine!  Wine charms (marking whose glass is whose) on the stemware, set against the kitchen tree for some bokeh. 


No glamour shot here! Just a basket filled with gift wrapping supplies, ready to be carried upstairs for a private wrapping session, or brought downstairs for an evening of wrap-and-a-movie. 


An old tin cookie cutter and some cedar tucked into a bowl of pomanders.


This was a peek at the nooks and crannies, a zoomed-in view. In a day or two, I'll back up the focus a bit and take you on a little tour of the Farmhouse dressed for Christmas.




After this month, A Personal Photo Challenge is on hold for a time. Our dear hostess, teacher, and friend, Donna, is living difficult days as she devotes her all to caring for her Mr. Jim. 

Donna, I continue to pray for you both as you walk this journey.



Click on the button below to see Christmas Scenes from the other participants.
A Personal Photo Challenge

13 comments:

  1. I love the basket filled with wrapping supplies! What great photos for the challenge! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vintage cookie cutter tucked in amongst the clove studded oranges and the broken effect behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun cookie cutter! And I always love close-up shots, as you can probably tell by my blog. lol Have a wonderful Lord's Day, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos. It's been years since I've made an orange pomander with cloves. Mmmm.... I might have to make a couple this year.

    That pic with the glass stems is quite lovely, and I went in search of my wicker basket to store my Christmas wrapping paraphernalia in after seeing how lovely your collection looks.

    Enjoy your day, Cheryl!

    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful shots! Btw, Maine post is out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your glimpses with the bokeh back drop. Even the non glamor shot was just beautiful in it's practicality. All so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl...what lovely and festive shots of the season...and beautiful bokeh in those backgrounds. Loved the detail in the stemware shots and I could almost smell those oranges with the cloves. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the one with the glasses and the light! I just found Donna, so I am sad to know that it will be on hold for awhile. Warm winter blessings,
    Gayle from Behind the Garden Gate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like a little sparkle and shine at Christmas time too. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nooks and crannies are full of wonderful photo ops. Love the little details that make up our lives. You've captured them well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it all, especially the greenery, cookie cutter and clove studded oranges. Really sweet!

    I wrapped yesterday with Rachel and didn't think of putting a movie on! That would have been fun! I will have more to do, so I'll have to keep this in mind!

    Cannot wait to see the Farmhouse all dressed for Christmas!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and suggestive photos! Congratulations!
    I wish a happy Christmas to you and your family!
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...