As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Gift of Christmas Day
































There are days when you live to the fullest. 

Do you know what I mean? So many days we just move from one thing to another, doing the next thing and checking things off the list and when you get to the end of the day you hardly know how you got there. 

But then there are days when you really live. 

You savor each moment. You see not just the present, but glimpses of the past, and hints of the future. It's almost as if you are an observer of your own life, and you pause and watch and enjoy little moments. You are filled with love. You are filled with gratitude. You are awed by beauty...of the big things and the little things. And your heart is overwhelmed by His gifts and by His grace and by your own unworthiness.

Christmas day was one of those days. My heart was full. 

14 comments:

  1. Your photos are ALWAYS soo good, but these are truly exceptional. You've caught such perfect moments. Looks like it was a wonderful day...glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked like just such a day... Wonderful red shoes...your mother's? The details of her wrist...she is a stylish dresser, but then so are all the gals in the family! Such sweet expressions on each face...those are the things that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you express the day. And the pictures add to what you say so beautifully. I'm glad you had such a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos you got. I was so bad about clicking during our full wonderful day of celebrating together. Love the little close-ups you got, too, of some very fun details like those red shoes!
    Yes...my heart was full, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy Christmas was "one of those days" for you! The photos are beautiful and convey the specialness of your gathering....♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some truly great moments sharing togetherness, food, gifts, décor, all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, savoring each moment! They are always there if we can just stop long enough to observe. I want to do a better job of that in 2015.

    Your photos are truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos of a lovely family Christmas.

    May 2015 be a great year for all of you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful photos captured so well the special moments of Christmas Day! Everything (and everyone) looks lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Memory making moments indeed! I too felt my heart was overwhelmed by His gifts and by His grace and definitely my unworthiness! God Bless you and yours in this coming New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Memories. Your family certainly does make a lot of them and I think that is excellent!! You did such a nice job of capturing moments of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos of your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...