As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, April 11, 2020

Music of the Season


Many things about our Resurrection Day celebration will be different this year . . .
~ last year's table setting ~

~ last year's family photo ~


. . . but the reason for our celebration is the same! 


Jesus gave His life to pay the just penalty for our sins, and then He rose from the grave three days later! We serve a living Savior!

We're listening to this playlist of glorious music today. Would you like to join us? 






10 comments:

  1. So very different this year in every family. God bless you, dear Cheryl. It's not an easy time, but I am smiling knowing very well that your Easter is going to be one for the memory books and how very special it will be for the three of you at Pineapple House. Then Came the Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished listening to your play list and really enjoyed it!! Happy Easter. He is risen, He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you enjoyed our play list! I love Easter music. It is certainly good to listen to these songs year 'round, because it's the story of the Gospel!

      Delete
  3. Thanks be to God, "the reason is the same." I will come back to listen to your playlist, Cheryl. He is risen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Jesus Paid it All' ~ how wonderful is that!!! I can hardly wait to see Him face to face. Have a beautiful, quiet Resurrection Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Jesus Paid it All" . . . it is everything, isn't it?! Hope your Resurrection Day was joyful!

      Delete
  5. Easter was yesterday, but today I am sitting at my sewing machine making masks for family members. I am playing this songlist that you have posted and I just want to thank you for the blessing it is to me. Praise God, He is Risen and though we live in uncertain times, He is in control!! I enjoy reading your blog. God bless you! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for letting me know that you enjoyed the music! Indeed, the story of the Gospel is wonderful to hear all year long! I am thanking the Lord with you that He is in control!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...