As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, April 23, 2022

Resurrection Day | 2022

 


Am I just getting around to talking about Resurrection Day nearly a week hence? 

Well, yes. Yes, I am. 

(I am also likely to do a birthday post this week about Bekah's 21st birthday, even though that was even longer ago.) 

That's how I roll. Especially in my "retirement" when I am slower but busier than ever.

I am going to begin by saying that we had a beautiful, meaningful Easter service at our church. And then I am going to share just a few photos from our family celebration. 


Our meal was served family style this year (we usually have a buffet line in the kitchen) since we had a smaller number (thirteen) at the table. 

Our table setting was simple: my favorite Blue Willow dishes, blue check napkins, a crock of dogwood branches, and a Lindt lamb for each person. 


I often buy these little lamb candies as favors on our holiday table. I prefer the significance of the lamb rather than bunnies or chicks at Easter, although I do use rabbits in my spring decorating.


Of course, then it got a little silly as people became creative with their candy wrappers. Maybe this was a little twist on Wrapping Paper Antics? 🤦🏻‍♀️😂



There were too many choices for dessert. (Aren't there always?) Chocolate pie, coconut cream pie, macarons . . . and chocolate chip cheesecake that was leftover from Bekah's birthday. How to choose?

We had our traditional hunt for chocolate eggs. Actually, we had three hunts: one for the two youngest kids, one for the kids/young adults, and one for the parents/grandparents because the young adults enjoy hiding eggs in crazy-challenging places! 

Ryan, Sarah, and children were visiting Sarah's family, so granddog Lucy was with us.



I'll end with the traditional family photos, both near . . . 




. . . and from afar. 



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
who according to his abundant mercy 
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope 
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
 
~ I Peter 1:3 ~


Because He lives, we have hope!


20 comments:

  1. Such a pretty table, and what a nice family occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara! Sometimes, simple is just right.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely family photos. Your Blue Willow dishes make for a very pretty table. And you enjoyed beautiful sunshine, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Lorrie! Yes, it was such a beautiful spring day!

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos of your Resurrection Sunday celebrations. Everything looked lovely. Such an elegant table. Your desserts sound quite delicious. I would have found it hard to pick one. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda! Choosing a dessert is tough, but I chose my daughter's coconut cream pie and it did not disappoint!

      Delete
  4. Love your pretty table and the family style dining with the long table setting for all. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! There are some occasions when I want everyone to sit at one table, and Resurrection Day is one of them!

      Delete
  5. Better a little late (says the one who has zip to share) than not at all. I hope your dear dad had some lovely leftovers. My sister bought a bag of those sweet little Lindt lambs when I was out shopping with her one day. Bekah is 21?! Okay, I am officially in shock. It is always good to see your family gathered around the table, though I missed seeing the absent ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Better late than never" is one of the mottos of my life! 😂

      Of course, we'd rather have had Daddy here, but we did send him a nice Easter dinner. We, too, missed all of the absent ones. And, yes . . . Bekah is 21. What in the world?!

      Delete
  6. Your Resurrection Sunday celebration table is beautiful, Cheryl. The table decor and the family gathered around the table is perfect. I don't know how you host and take such lovely photos. I aim to do that at every family celebration and somehow it doesn't happen. It's nice that you included the away family. Such cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martha Ellen! Honestly, I was not on top of my photo game this holiday, but I had enough to give a taste of the celebration. I was very pleased with the family photos, however, so all is well. Kati is so good about sending photos to us. That is gold to us faraway grandparents!

      Delete
  7. Fun pictures. lol at the foil wrapper antics. You have a very clever and creative bunch! And can I just tell you... I LOVE that top you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becki! Oh my, they are such a creative bunch and full of fun!

      Delete
  8. I nearly bought identical checked napkins this year, but went a different direction. However! Seeing them with your Blue Willow makes me think its still a good idea with my blue floral plates.

    Also next year, I want to find those lamb candies! Perfect!

    Everyone is getting so grown up, Brian and Kristin are blending in with the kids now! Sweet family photos. I love your blouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checks go with so much! I actually collect all kinds of blue napkins - check, plaid, solid, gingham - because it's fun to mix and match! Start looking for the lambs early in the season. Some years they are hard to find.

      Indeed, the grands are growing up. The second one is graduating this year; several are working. It's a fun stage, but we sure got here fast!

      Thanks for all of your kind words!

      Delete
  9. So thankful for that hope! I love how your table goes on and on with everyone around it. (Well all that were there for this Easter) Fun creativity with the wrappers. That is so cool to reveal that flowered cross on Resurrection Sunday. I'm quite a fan of the blue and white table setting. One of my favorites. Your youngest is 21!! Happy belated birthday to Bekah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree . . . so thankful!

      Thanks for all of your kind words! It was a good day of celebration! And - whew - I can hardly believe my baby is 21!

      Delete
  10. Aw - your Easter celebrations look perfect and you had lovely weather too! Your family is so fun and creative. Hope your dad is OK! Hugs ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day of celebration! And, yes, they are a creative bunch!

      Daddy struggles with severe arthritis in his neck and often doesn't feel like going out. He has the most relief from pain in his own recliner that "fits" him. We miss him greatly when he is not with us!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...