As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunday Snapshots: A Treat


Yesterday, we were treated to an afternoon at Kristin's house. 

Lots of treats...


A scrumptious winter meal
apple cider beef stew, cheddar mashed potatoes, peas, rosemary rolls


Yummy banana cake made by Maddie



A piano solo by Owen



Lots of conversation. No picture of this, but take my word for it. We hadn't seen one another in two whole weeks and there was a lot to catch up on!


Not sure if I'd consider this a "treat" but I think know Ron did.
The men did a few impromptu house projects including taking down a large mirror in the foyer that the previous owners had adhered to the wall.
(My man loves a house project! He went from nodding off in Brian's recliner to being fully engaged with ripping off huge shards of glass.) 




Were there any treats in your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Your man loves a house project? Wow. You better clone him, quick! LOL Sounds like a delightful weekend, Cheryl. Love the budding pianist pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were all home Saturday and Sunday we had a family over as well as my brother in law, niece, Kay and Kamryn. We had beef stew, rolls, salad and ice cream!

    The day was a treat!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dinner you enjoyed at your daughter's home. We had a great visit with all the grands and a special visit to a museum/mansion. My man loves a project too--or is it I love my man when he completes a project? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have to agree with Judy about that cloning thing...lol! It is not my hubby's idea of fun either but somehow, son #2 got the gene...he must have gotten it from his mama. But who wouldn't do ANY chore if they were paid by a meal like the one in the photo. Can I just say YUM!!! What a great looking meal, right down to the green peas (my fave) and that cake.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I agree with the other ladies...he LOVES a project? lol Now my hubby will do them don't get me wrong, but I am under no illusions that it's because he loves me, not the project, lol. I am afraid if I were you I'd be tempted to take advantage of his love. It all sounds soo nice. Banana cake looks yummy. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all had a wonderful Sunday afternoon! We enjoyed dinner with friends, a sleep over with our granddaughter (and a first viewing of Frozen on my part) AND the passing on of our beloved dining room antique pub table to young friends while we inherited our children's dining room table and chairs. Wow I guess it was a busy weekend! Love your story about your husband popping up from a doze to work on a house project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful meal that was!!! It LOOKED delicious!!!! We have been a little under the weather with allergies. That didn't stop us from having two little visitors yesterday. Today I am in serious housecleaning mode!
    You gotta love a guy that likes projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy looking plate of food! It makes me happy to see boys playing piano. Stewart had to work this weekend so there weren't any treats for me, unless you count sleeping late on Sunday morning but still being on time for church services!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand the joy of a project for your husband. Looks like a delicious day you all had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a joy to visit you today, Cheryl, and try to catch up. love the post and song on I will bring you home! Wishing you a most blessed and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That close proximity is really paying off! We too took a run up near Chicago to visit our family and grands. Too short a time, but it was sure worth it. SIL is redoing the kitchen and he and Handyman had many discussions about that. We have a family of do-it your selfers, and they often help each other with projects. Great Man-Time. We keep them in good food! :D A piano piece for you. How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My man likes a project, too :)
    What a fine visit you had.
    Our weekend included celebrating my parents 68th wedding anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...