As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, January 9, 2015

Winter Break


"Break" in this case is a play on words. 

My computer has crashed. I wasn't caught completely unawares, as Henrietta has had symptoms for a while. But now she is completely down and I will be taking her to the computer doctor this week. She had a quick fix in December, and at that time a sign on the door warned customers that computers dropped off would not be ready for pick-up until sometime in January. Yikes! I have no idea when I can expect to be reunited with Henrietta. 

So while Henrietta suffers a "break," I, too, will be on a winter "break."  



I may be popping in from time to time via Kati's computer, but my online presence will be sporadic. Happy January...stay warm!

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the unfortunate break. My external hard drive crashed the other day, literally, as in crashed to the floor, never to work no mo' no mo'. I had to replace it, but I dread the hours of backing up I now need to do.

    Have a pleasant break, Cheryl. You can always look at seed catalogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats about Miss Henrietta. She needs a holiday too, I guess. Wishing you shining eyes moments during this unplanned break. May it all be restored without mishap.

    Hugs,
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Henrietta gets repaired quickly for you. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh computer woes...always so frustrating. Hope Henrietta is up and running soon, and meanwhile, enjoy your break. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break, Cheryl. Computers get tired too. I'll miss you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear...it is one thing to take a break when you want to and quite another when forced... I have no doubt that you will enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I feel your frustration ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My computer ( which I have failed to name) has been having issues as well but so far, no crashes. I was hoping Santa would bring me a new one but no such luck. Anyway...enjoy your break! I hope hope Henrietta is feeling much better real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your "break" - you'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...