As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winter in the Farmhouse


After the rich color of autumn followed by the fullness of holiday decor, The Farmhouse is ready to breathe a little. Winter decor should be cozy, but gentler, don't you think? Kind of warm and welcoming and "come and sip a cup of tea"-ish. Maybe a few bits of nature reflecting what is just outside the door. 

Have a peek around. I even have a cup of tea there for you. :)

















What is your house like in the wintertime? Do you let it rest?

11 comments:

  1. I might let it rest too much as in not dusting or vacuuming enough. LOL. I love the photo of the tea steaming! Your home looks winter comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love-love-love everything! So warm and comforting, like I just got a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything shouts "Cozy!" Well, maybe not the pinecones. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very homey and welcoming. I notice that you have a trunk...I love trunks. I learned a lot about mine with the help of taking macro pics and reading the information imprinted on the latch. I learned my trunk was made in Connecticut in 1879 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spotted another lamb! :D Such a cozy home just perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your touches are soothing and restful. I feel the calm. Beautiful shot of your steamy cup of what looks like interesting spice tea. And the trunk--we had one like that for many years--oh how I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl, no matter the season, your home looks warm and inviting. Thanks for the tea, my favorite. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really warm and cozy..looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, so restful.....would love to sit and have a cuppa with you....picture of steaming tea so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like this period of rest for the house and us before the busyness Spring brings. I love all your warm and inviting touches, it is so comforting.

    I always pare down the decor after Christmas. I have a few more garlands to take down - I had left them up at the request of my children, but I am getting ready for them to be down!

    Have a wonderful weekend friend.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Cheryl. I am a huge fan of sheep, so of course I love that little sheep and the sheep on the tin punched lantern. AND, we have a similar trunk in front of our sofa with almost identical remote controls on it, plus a little knitting and some books on England. :-)) Have a wonderful weekend. Your home looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...