As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Pioneer Woman's Buttered Rosemary Rolls



We've been watching The Pioneer Woman on Netflix Instant. The entire first season, watched in a week. So when I offered to bring bread to Kristin's house on Sunday, this recipe came to mind immediately. 

These delectable Buttered Rosemary Rolls begin with frozen bread dough! (One of my resident bakers did not approve. She insisted that we should make our own dough. But this particular baker did not volunteer to rise in the wee hours of Sunday morning to make said dough, and frozen dough sounded pretty good to me, so we went with it.) 

They were easy to make and soooooo good! So good, in fact (and so easy!), that I made another batch to accompany Monday evening's dinner. Mmmmmm....








I made some extra rolls in a baking dish which worked just as well, although I liked the presentation of the cast iron pan.


BUTTERED ROSEMARY ROLLS


frozen unbaked dinner rolls
3 tablespoons butter, divided
chopped fresh rosemary
coarse salt

* * *

Directions:
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in an iron skillet over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and allow pan to cool for 10 minutes.

Place the frozen dinner rolls in the warm skillet, allowing space between rolls. Cover with a dish towel and set aside to rise for several hours.
(On Sunday morning, I hurried the thawing/rising process by placing my pan in the oven which I had preheated to 200 degrees and then turned off.)

When rolls have risen, melt 2 tablespoons butter and brush butter onto rolls.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and then with chopped rosemary.

Bake for 14 minutes at 350 degrees, or until tops of rolls are golden brown.


*This recipe is found ~here~ on The Pioneer Woman's blog, but I used the (very slightly different) directions in The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier.




Do you enjoy watching cooking shows? What are your favorites?

11 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how good this sounds! Oh how I miss bread, and rolls since going gluten free. When I was first married I made bread from scratch every week! Can you imagine? It was one of my favorite things to have covered bread on the counter rising. Such a wonderful smell! Not to mention taste of course. Enjoy your day! Oh, love cooking shows but haven't watched recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttered Rosemary Rolls???? Good grief, that sounds wonderful! I always raise rosemary in the summertime and usually bring it in for the winter, but this year I forgot it on the porch and of course it froze...dead as a doornail. :-( But when spring comes, I will make these. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make these forever and you just sealed the deal! Beautiful! Love fresh rosemary.
    I know you ate well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great and so easy! I wish I could eat regular breads right now!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmmm...the smell must be heavenly! Is Bekah the bread purist? =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me miss my old cast iron pans. I don't know where they went--some move I guess. And where do you buy frozen bread dough (loaf style)--I can't find it anymore. These look good! I watched some of the Pioneer Woman when I was recovering from knee surgery--helped me get through my exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl, suddenly I want buttered rosemary rolls! These look yummy. I watch Rachel Ray sometimes and enjoy several of her recipes from her show of "30 Minute Meals". ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look lip smacking good! The baking pan is lovely but you are right, everything looks better presented in a cast iron skillet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's a pan of comfort looking at me. I thank the Lord that I am not gluten intolerant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm...those look delicious. I bet they smelled good, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...