As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sunday Snapshots: Snaps, Slaps, and Chaps


SNAPS
A new favorite, snap peas disappear from the vegetable tray too quick to talk about! Who knew?!


SLAPS
We didn't even play our regular Apples to Apples this Sunday. We did play Battle of the Sexes and several card games...Fib, Spades, and Slaps (new to me).


CHAPS
Our guest, Rob (Kati's friend and coworker), was the chap who taught us the new game.
And then Maddie brought along THIS (huge!) chap who just kind of hung out and read the comics.


After a week of harsh winter weather, we decided to label this week's cups with our dream vacations!


What is your dream vacation?




12 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl...just let me be the first to tell you that I love sugar snap peas...either cooked or raw. It looks like you had some serious gaming going on and that cute little monkey is just too cute! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice in spite of the weather and long winter, someone still likes a "staycation." I had to type that four times and let's see if it goes correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love snap peas, they are really one of our favorites. My dream vacation right now would be anywhere warm...cold weather is getting to me a bit. I'm thinking maybe a beautiful island somewhere, with lots of scenery to photograph. Springs around the corner...right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could be translated, I'd like to visit Great Britain; however, with my limitations, I'll stick with the Staycation. That's a wonderful photo of the deck of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must do England, and Ireland! I'd have to pop over to Scotland again too! Sigh…

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely activities at your home always, Cheryl! Love the chap reading the comics. LOL--I've never heard of Slaps. I'll have to check that out for the grands. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll probably never get there, but I'd love to visit Great Britain. I'd also love to see the Grand Canyon again and hope to get there this coming fall. Labeling the cups was a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the labeling cup idea! Even though I've been there before I would go back again and again to the United Kingdom adding Ireland to our want to see list. That chap reading the comics makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three more states to hit then I will have been in all 50 of them. So random....Iowa, South Dakota, and Hawaii. I, too, love the cups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreaming of somewhere warm - Costa Rica to be specific. Escaping from this deep freeze very soon! That looks like such a fun Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of the destinations written on the cups! We will be in England for 11 days in mid March. Can't wait! Your Sunday afternoons sound wonderful. Save some peas for me. Oh. Have you tried the game, Say Anything? That's a fun one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right now experiencing a dream vacation. Left Toronto, Canada airport at -28' degrees and arrived in Florida to sunny skies and 80'F.
    Love the ideas of the glasses listing everone's dream vacations...will do that at our next large family get together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...