As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Best of Times...


Winter may have tried to mess up our plans for the weekend {chilly Farmhouse, a frozen pipe or two (thawed within a couple of hours, no damage), wild wind, and snowy-slow travel} but...



we were together
so we won!!

Today, I am thanking the Lord for
memories made,
joy shared,
babies held,
stories read,
games played,
long weekends,
hugs given and received,
meals and (lots of) cups of coffee shared,
nearness,
happy children,
good health over the weekend,
warm food,
an abundance of blankets, quilts, throws, and Snuggies,
cousins playing,
four generations,
tulips on the island,
warm fellowship,
the joys of being older,
safe travels (oh, so thankful!),
and the rich, rich mercies of God.

15 comments:

  1. That's a great collection of thankfulnesses. I know you are glad to have one family living so much closer. A wonderful photo! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! I know you cherish these times, as do I.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a photo! You have it all, Cheryl! Your heart must surely be filled to overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! It must have been a WONderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, what blessings you enjoy! How in the world were you able to capture everyone smiling and reflecting such joy? Our family photos always have someone looking away or a little goofy. I'm sure you are basking in the memories of such a grand weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful...what a blessing! Great family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a great crowd of loved ones all together. Glad all worked out so you could be together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so blessed! That is a wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely list of thanksgiving. A great family photo! Well blessed indeed.

    Brenda
    xox


    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something so special, when everyone is all together. I know, I love the making of new memories with my 5 adult children, 3 spouses, 10 grandchildren and now even a couple of girlfriends and boyfriends of the grandchildren. Our cups runneth over Cheryl.♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots to be thankful for. What happy faces when you are all together. Such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a positively perfect photo! And the best of the best kinds of week-ends! Soo blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful portrait, so much to be thankful for. Your header is captivating and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...