As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Do "rainy days and Mondays always get you down" (as they did Karen Carpenter, for readers of my generation)?

Let's start with Mondays. They definitely don't get me down. In fact, I love Mondays! Of course, that is due to the fact that I love what I do...home making, home educating. And Monday is generally an "at home" day. Mondays mean back to routine, a fresh start, back to the books. (Although I love Mondays, I can sympathize with those who don't...if I had to leave my home and go back to the work-a-day world, I'm afraid my love for Mondays would quickly change.)

So how about rainy days?
Well, I kind of like them too. Not if they come day after day after day. Not if it rains on a day of outdoor plans or on vacation or while I'm grocery shopping and I have to load umpteen bags into my car and back out of my car when I get home.
But a rainy day can be cozy. Kati says a rainy day is good for a snuggling up with a blanket and a cup of tea and a good book. Bekah thinks they're good for sleeping in (and then hastens to add that she'd like to do that every day). I think they're good days for making soup and lingering over read-alouds.

What about you? What do you like to do on rainy days?

1 comment:

  1. I think rainy days are cozy (Maddie word!). It is better when Brian is in with us, but today he had a meeting until lunchtime. SO...we read LOTS of books and drank hot chocolate and watched a Veggie movie. Then we had a quiet afternoon, ate an early dinner, and watched another movie as a family. Looks like books, good food, and movies are our rainy day agenda!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...