As so many of us admit that we, like preschool Bekah, feed ourselves "fweets", I thought I'd share a recipe for a pie that we have enjoyed several times this summer. It is cool and creamy and I do not have to turn on my oven. (If only I could claim that it was low in calories...but, alas, I cannot.)
BLUEBERRY CHEESE PIE
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8-oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- Whip cream until fairly stiff.
- Beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar together until creamy.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bring blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Make a slurry of the cornstarch and water; stir into boiling mixture. Stir until berries are thickened.
- Cool. Spread over pie.