As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brian!


They both worked at the library...and he won her heart. 

Later, he won our hearts too.  And now, nine-plus years and five children later, we can't imagine our family without Brian.



Brian has a servant's heart.


He is a wonderul father...always attentive to his children's needs...serving his wife and his children with strength. 



A typical Sunday will find Brian tidying up toys multiple times, and clearing the table after dinner.

And whenever there's an extended family gathering, here is Brian's post:



No one ever asked him to be The Official Drink Server, but there he is, every time, quietly serving each person.

Even at his birthday celebration, he shared his moment in the spotlight with Benjamin (who was feeling a little needy).

 

Today we wish a
Happy Birthday
to Brian,
our much-admired, much-loved son-in-law!

*** *** ***

"And he [Jesus] sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all." Mark 9:35

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom! I am blessed to have such a wonderful and caring family. You guys have always made me feel welcome and loved! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, What a wonderful SIL you have, he reminds me of my dh always there serving others. What a beautiful family too. Wishing him a most blessed and Happy Birthday with many more to come.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...