As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Mother-In-Law's 21st Birthday!

Yes, my mother-in-law is celebrating her 21st birthday today...
on Leap Day!



Much of the family gathered over the weekend
to celebrate this once-every-four-years event.

There was a crowd. 

After all, Mom is
the mother of 8,
the grandmother of 18,
and the great-grandmother of 26.

(And she can tell you the birthdate of every single one!)


Happy Birthday, Mom!

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Happy Birthday to a special and beautiful woman!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's such a pretty young lady! This makes only the second leapling I've heard of...the other is Ellen's sister at The Happy Wonderer who has just made it to Sweet Sixteen. Happy Birthday to her! (Do you only celebrate every four years or do you make a kind exception?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, we do indeed celebrate her birthday every year! The celebrating is usually strung out over several days, due to the fact that there is such a number of family members. (She has adopted March 1 as her birthday on non-leap years.) But for Leap Years, we usually have a bigger, more organized affair. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So she's one of those lucky leap year birthdays? She looks great at 21! I'm loving that beautiful cake with the lemon slices, simply beautiful. It's the simple part I like the best. :)

    It's so good to be back. Life has been quite busy. My grandmother landed in the E.R. with her bronchitis. It was a long scary day. I took her home, ran to mine and packed a bag. She lives alone and I couldn't leave her. Our bedrooms are upstairs so having her with us wasn't an option. So, I stayed for a couple of days and then for the past week just daily checks. She's doing much, much better, praise God! That in the middle of all this horsey business has been quite taxing. I am not familiar with horses at all so this is unfamiliar territory for me! But all is well. I'm going now to read what I've been missing in Cheryl's life.... You've been on my mind and my heart.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful another leap day girl! It's great that you were able to celebrate her this way. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated but Happy Birthday Wish to your beautiful MIL, she has such a sweet smile.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Enjoyed catching up on your previous posts.
    HUgs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey very nice and i have a question, you posted as my mother 21ts birth day? i think this not 21st some more age and you record here some wrong could you explain why and also congratulation to your mother.
    Many Thanks


    Stair Chair Lift

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...