As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Snapshots: A Bit of The Emerald Isle

Although we do not "celebrate" St. Patrick's Day, we did enjoy an Irish meal today, as a nod to my husband's (and therefore my children's) Scotch-Irish ancestry, and because brisket is on sale.  On the menu was corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and Irish soda bread, with Irish potato candy for dessert. 



Eight of us wore green (even if it was just a touch).



The serial play is over, but that didn't keep the performers from putting on a show!  "Just a short one," they said.  It was a selection of choreographed songs, including "I'm a Little Tea Pot" and "The Hokey Pokey."




What?  No Irish step dancing? 




3 comments:

  1. Now Irish step dancing would have been cool. I notice that you are making a distinction between a nod and a celebration. Since I celebrate many things in very small ways, I'm curious. I love that your family performs together. I'd not be surprised that there's an actor or a director in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, I suppose that the distinction comes from appreciating the family history (Ron can trace his ancestors back to his great-great-grandfather and his cousin who came to the US as indentured servants working as millwrights) and the bits of Irish culture...to not wanting to honor the idea of "sainthood" as taught by the Catholic church.

    Thanks for mentioning your curiosity...I am also of the curious sort. And I can also relate to your idea of "celebrating many things in very small ways" although I've never thought of it in exactly that way before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful family, Cheryl, and I can only imagine the fun everyone has when doing these plays.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...