As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, January 7, 2013

Poor Henrietta!

Or perhaps I should say "Poor Us!"  Henrietta is our ailing laptop, who suddenly became ill on Friday evening (of course...don't children always fall ill on the weekend?), on the very day that her warranty expired.  Blah.  Until Henrietta is on the mend, we are forced to use Henry the desktop, who is aged and so very slow and who refuses to accept our pictures.  (Tsk, tsk...that Henry!)  

Today will find us schooling, cleaning, undoing Christmas decorations, and organizing...not necessarily in that order.  Thankfully, I have already "planned to eat" party leftovers (our final Christmas gathering was yesterday) for dinner, so we can just keep at it until Ron is home from work.  Then we'll ask him to haul stuff up to the attic.  He'll  love it.  (We'll feed him first.)  

We'd like some serene corners like this by day's end...


What is on your agenda today?

Did you watch Downton Abbey last night?

Do you wonder what you did before you had your computer/laptop/ipad/fill-in-the-blank?


4 comments:

  1. Dismantling Christmas this morning...now must begin my own schlepping as John is on a job and will crawl himself home tonight weary. I am sorry about the laptop expiring. How sad. Hope that it can be rescued somehow. Yes, I did watch Downton last night. What did you think? Is it shaping up to be a good season? Do you know anything about this Christmas special that some have mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences and best hopes for Henrietta's recovery! Yes...I DO wonder how we got along w/o all of the technology we really didn't expect to get dependent on.

    No I didn't watch D.A. I can't stay awake that long & recording shows is NOT one of the technological tasks I've conquered yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Henrietta! Get well soon!

    I spent a disjointed kind of day - not what I had planned at all but it worked out just fine. A bit of school, some Christmas put away, and new arrangements where the Christmas stuff had been....We didn't watch Downton last night - we'd been watching on line....we are ahead of you so if you need the scoop just ask!

    I'm in the store tomorrow so I must leave instructions for the younger kids, and give Lindsay the list for what I want them to accomplish for school work.

    Have a good night!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Henrietta is not well! Yesterday found me taking our one and only Christmas decoration down, (our tree), and unpacking boxes. I am still trying to get our home back in order. Trying to decide what to keep and what to part with is not an easy task for me.~smile~

    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...