As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas Gift Wrapping

Yesterday was a big wrapping day here!

Bekah had the day off and so we made an occasion out of it. We cleared the dining room table and piled it with all of our gift-wrapping supplies. Then we played Christmas music, drank coffee, and wrapped, tied, and tagged well into the evening. 


Each year, I choose a wrapping theme. I don't necessarily wrap everything the same, but I like for my gifts to coordinate.

The first step is getting out all of my wrapping paper rolls. I have some leftover from past years, some that I have bought at after-Christmas sales, and rolls that I have purchased this season. I put it all together in one place and choose which designs I will use for the current year. 

Here is an assortment from a few years ago.
You can see how I have divided it into "themes."


This is the group of papers that I chose for that year. 

And this is how it came together.

For the past several years, I have made my own gift tags. Yesterday, I ran out of them and had to make up some more. 


Past years' wrapping themes . . . 




And this year's . . . 



Even though I had FIVE rolls of the red ticking paper in my stash (oops), I decided to give that a rest this year and use only two papers: a red plaid and navy ticking. I had found some lovely navy ribbon at Target and wanted to highlight that color. I also had picked up a roll of olive green ribbon and I thought that looked so nice with the navy ticking. I went back several times to look for more of the olive ribbon, but I never saw it again, so I used navy or plaid ribbon on some of those packages. 



There is more wrapping to do (honestly, I have a bit more shopping to do!), but the bulk of it is finished.


I love wrapping gifts! I find it more enjoyable than shopping! 

What about you? Do you enjoy wrapping? 


28 comments:

  1. No. And, no, I do not enjoy shopping either. Wow! The thought you put into the task at hand. I am far too scatterbrained for that. ☺️ The packages are beautiful and become part of the gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am scatterbrained all right (hence the FIVE rolls of red ticking paper 😂), but I do love beautiful gifts and I find wrapping enjoyable. Growing up, I had two aunts who wrapped the most beautiful packages and they set the bar high!

      Delete
  2. I love wrapping and buying gifts! Your gifts look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanna! You love both? Wonderful!

      Delete
  3. So very stylish! I find wrapping hard, so this year went with white tissue and red cord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Barbara! I am sure your gifts are lovely. Simple can be beautiful!

      Delete
  4. The results show that you love wrapping. I love your theme ideas. Your tree and gifts are magazine worthy for sure. I'm more of a hit and miss wrapper. I use a lot of gift bags. I can do a better wrapping job for birthdays when I can concentrate on one person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ellen! And there is nothing wrong with gift bags! There are many beautiful ones. My problem is that I never seem to have the right size and right occasion and right gender bag to go with the gift I have to wrap.

      Delete
  5. Love your theme approach to gift wrapping.
    I love wrapping gifts..,more so than shopping for them. Merry Christmas to you and your family!🎄 🎁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we feel the same! Thank you for your kind words, Sharon, and a blessed Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, your gifts are beautifully wrapped! Grayden and I wrapped gifts this afternoon. I showed him this post tonight and he said "your wrapping is a gift in itself". Your presents are so lovely, I wouldn't want to open them! The ticking paper and the ribbon is quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much to you and to Grayden for your generous and kind words! And I love that you and Grayden wrap gifts together! It puts a smile on my face as I picture the scene . . .

      Delete
  7. Your packages are outstanding! So beautiful. I do not like wrapping gifts at all. When I can, I pay my sister to do my wrapping for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! If you don't enjoy wrapping, then it is a win-win to pay your sister to do that job! We all have different loves, don't we?

      Delete
  8. Your wrapping is so well thought out and pretty. The package will delight the recipient even before it's opened. I like wrapping gifts, and tend to go with plain brown or white paper and dress it up with stencils or ribbons or natural elements. I haven't yet begun wrapping - Monday's the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lorrie! I would love to see your embellished packages; I feel sure that they're lovely! Have fun on Monday!

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, I love to wrap gifts. It feels like instant gratification to create something lovely so easily. Your packages look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe that is part of it . . . the instant gratification. Sort of like a short-term "craft" perhaps?

      Thank you, Miss Dishywoo!

      Delete
  10. Your wrapped gifts are so lovely. I also enjoy wrapping gifts. I have such fond memories of getting a box of wrapped gifts from my Grandma. They were always so pretty. That's been 60 years ago. I don't enjoy shopping anymore but love the wrapping. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww . . . those are special memories, Diane! Thank you for sharing that with me!

      Sounds like we're on the same page about wrapping and shopping. ;)

      Delete
  11. I love this post, Cheryl. Loves to see your wrapping paper and ribbons and gift tags - we share similar tastes in giftwrap selections. And I do adore your Pineapple stamp for your tags - such a personal touch! Everything looks so festival and cared about. There's love on every package.

    Wishing you and yours the very best blessed Merry Christmas!
    Brenda xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to think that we have similar tastes in giftwrap! It is such a pleasant thing to wrap a package and as you think about the person who will receive it.

      Christmas blessings back to you!

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely display. It's nice that you finished wrapping them in time to enjoy seeing them under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Yes, it is fun to see them under the tree! I had a few more to wrap, but I finished those this evening. Checking things off the list . . . 😊

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...