As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Philosophy of Education

My primary goal in educating my children is to obey the mandate in God’s Word to diligently teach our children His Words. (“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.” Deuteronomy 6:6-8)

  • I want to teach my children the ways of God, and disciple them, and train them to serve Him.
  • I want them to learn to treat others with love, starting with the people in their own family.
  • I want my children to know what they believe and why they believe it. I want them to be “Bereans.”
  • I want my children to love learning...and to continue to love learning long after “formal” education has ceased.
  • I want them to have a rich environment. I want them to enjoy great literature, beautiful music, meaningful conversations, to appreciate art.
  • I want them to learn whatever information and skills are necessary for them to fulfill the purpose that God has for their lives.
  • I want to instill within them that God does indeed have a purpose and a calling for them.

2 comments:

  1. And isn't it a privelege to be able to teach what they need and not what someone else says the whole class needs?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...