As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunday Weekend Snapshots: Full



FRIDAY:
An unhurried phone call from Ryan and Sarah...
full of stories and laughs and catching up.
~joy



SATURDAY:
A birthday party for these two sweeties, 
granddaughter Maddie and grandson Owen. 
(I love how their personalities shine through in this photo!) 



A dinner shared after the party...


followed by another birthday party,
this one for Ron/Dad/Papa. 

Here, Owen presents Papa with his dessert of choice, 
a homemade cinnamon roll.
We all applauded Papa's choice...and Kristin's baking.



SUNDAY:
Worship with our church fellowship
(inspired teaching, voices blending in the beautiful hymns of the faith, blessed fellowship),


an unexpected gift from a sweet friend 
(and it's not even my birthday),

and a delightful evening shared with our friends Chris and Kim.



A weekend like this can fill up your tank!  






4 comments:

  1. The best kind of weekend!

    I am exhausted from the last week...and off to a accessories show in NYC today.

    We must meet soon, friend!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a filled tank is a very good thing on many levels.

    Ron has a sharp haircut. Wish that I could get John to do the same.

    I think Owen is yelling because Maddie has all the cupcakes except one. =D Hope that they have great years. Eight and six...can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, Ron, Kati, and Bekah! We had such a great time yesterday... and are still talking about that yummy dinner!
    :-)

    It's amazing how much talking can be accomplished when two like-minded families get together for a few hours! Our tanks are definitely filled with good fuel! Thanks so much for having us over!

    Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,
    A great weekend of memories being made and photographed!
    Enjoyed reading our previous post, It has been a fast summer. I am amazed at how well you organize your homeschool, and home!
    I have been away from blogging enjoying our Maddie, and planning the remodeling, as well as canning, it has been a very busy time around the farm.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...