As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Salad On Tuesday: Week 9 {Greek Pasta Salad}


This cool summer salad is rich in flavor and nutrition.  And it's versatile too!  Although the recipe below is for a side salad, it can just as easily be bumped up to main dish standing by tossing in some grilled chicken.  Add some pita chips on the side, and you're good to go!  






Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. rotini or gemelli pasta, cooked according to package directions and cooled  (I like Barilla PLUS® multi-grain pasta.)
  • 3 cups chopped spinach
  • 1/2 cup black olives, chopped 
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 

Directions:
  1. In a large salad bowl, combine cooled pasta with spinach, olives, and feta.
  2. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt.  Pour over pasta mixture and toss. 


I may be tired of summer, but I'm not yet tired of summer eating, and I have a few more salad recipes to share on Tuesdays in August.  

What about you?  Are you tired of summer eating?  (Or of summer?)




Looking for a recipe from another week?




3 comments:

  1. No, I'm not tired of either yet. Ask me Saturday after our next little heat wave. =D If I left out all the ingredients I don't care for, there'd be precious little of this salad left. Now John would love it and may get it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost, but not quite tired of summer, we have had a little reprieve, it was in the 80's today, and we are now able to sit on the screened porch at night, and that is a treat for us.
    As far as the summer foods, I am no way tired of them, you just can't beat fresh veggies from the garden. I canned meat sauce this past week and it was such a treat to gather the herbs, and veggies from the garden., the only items I bought was the meat and mushrooms!
    We are so busy, and enjoying Maddie, with hopes of more grand girls Thursday.
    Your salad sounds delicious, I love anything with spinach. Enjoy your week, maybe one day soon I can post. lol.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not tired of summer. I love the break from all the rest of the year just to focus on some things I WANT to do. No more food from the garden for us -- in August everything is just burned up -- but no way am I tired of summer food yet:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...