As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections

It is now twelve years later...and my heart is still full of praise...


5 comments:

  1. Not sure whether to comment here or there. Sitting here with the sniffies thinking about what could have been. God is so good and He answered your prayers and your family's prayers so powerfully. I was thinking that Bekah was the little girl, but that little girl was Kati. What a powerful testimony, Cheryl! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! I rejoice with you!
    God is indeed good, and He is indeed faithful.
    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cheryl!

    I am so glad that His plan for your life was restoration of health and a new baby!

    I am sure that must have been so scary for you all during that time. I have a dear friend that had a grand mal seizure while singing special music at her church! She couldn't drive for a long time, and I think it might have been genetic with her, but she has been seizure free too.

    Thankful....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many scary, uncertain things and so many things we never find out why. I am sorry you had to live through such a scary time and so, so thankful the Lord restored you to health. I know it makes you treasure the good things even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I got to know you AFTER that experience! So glad the Lord brought you through it... and brought you Bekah, too!

    Hugs!
    Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...