As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April





I am ever amazed at how quickly the calendar turns from one page to another, and the sun has risen and set another thirty days or so, and the seasons are changing, and my children and grandchildren are changing and growing.  I look back over each month and try to record in my memory the milestones, the big and small pieces of our lives, the blessings and the challenges.  And I am grateful for His faithfulness.  

What is time, unless it is an opportunity to serve Him? Am I using my time--these days, these moments--for good?  Am I helping, encouraging, relating, seeking beauty, making beauty? 

Do the small things really count?  


For who has despised the day of small things?
Zechariah 4:10

7 comments:

  1. Yes! You said it so much better, but it's what I was trying to convey on my second post of the day!

    Small things do matter!

    Love you
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! A great post - small things matter a LOT. Looking back over the month is a way to see that. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oh I hope so because my days are only a string of the most simplest of things.)

    I love how you "round up" a month. The mosaic captures a lot of April memories.

    (You'll get a kick out of this from my oldest grandson..."I had a good time. I'll be calling to see if we can do this again next weekend." I thought of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your monthly round up, Cheryl! The small things are what matter most, sometimes. You had an awesome April, wishing you and yours a marvelous May! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ the small things - and the way they add up to something SO much bigger (as your collage demonstrates).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collage with good thoughts, and yes the small things count so much. It's faithfulness in them ... but you know that. I delight in the small things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl, You have so eloquently captured treasured moments in April, memories that will last a lifetime, yes time does go by so swiftly, and yes, the small things really do count, I am finding this to be so true as I am getting older. ~smile~Thanks for sharing,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...