As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, March 31, 2014

{Gathering the Moments} March




I have given March a name this year..."The Month of In Between."

We have been in those lingering days.

Days in which Winter lingered, Spring peeked, Winter returned, Spring tried again, and Winter did the same. Yes, it was the "in between" of seasons.

We have been "in between" as we await Kati's surgery. Days of waiting. Some good days when she feels like celebrating spring with Italian ice or spending a normal Sunday afternoon with family or shopping for summer sandals. Some bad days when she barely gets off the couch. 

During the "in between" days, we have eaten a lot of salad and grown tired of rice.

Kati has read a lot of books.

I have bought more flowers than I have ever bought in my life because we have needed beauty for the "in between."

We have lived with quiet longing for better days, but realizing that even the "in between" days are a gift. These days - these "in between" days of this particular March - will never come again.

(And truly, aren't all the days of our lives "in between" days, as we pass our time here as sojourners, preparing for eternity?)

So I gather the moments of this month with gratitude, and I see His hand.





Again with this month, I am inviting you to join me in "gathering the moments." You may wish to share two or three photos, or several collages, or bunches of photos...with words, or without words. The link-up below will be a gathering place for us to reflect and share and connect. (The link-up will stay open for a week, so you have plenty of time to gather.)




13 comments:

  1. How do you do it? You made even March sound and LOOK glorious and all with nary a whine?! It certainly was your "in between" month made more so by Kati's being under the weather. Not for too much longer, though! Things will be perking up! Our "in between" will be April. Thanks be to God for being the lifter of my head.

    I'll be linking once I make my way back to the PC.

    Happy last day of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vee...you make even this "in between" look soo good. Hopefully it will all be behind you soon and you will move forward to easier days. I still have every intention of jumping on this soon. It's such a good idea. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once heard a talk at a graveside about the "dash" between the day of our birth and the day of our death as being what matters. The "in between" days from our beginning to our end on earth. Praying that April brings restored health to Kati and lots of light shining through your days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good words, Cheryl!

    I love all your photos. I'll be doing a post tomorrow and linking up then!

    Love you all and praying for Kati's surgery.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have written, but your beautiful photos say a lot on their own too. So you are welcoming spring and healing as Kati has her surgery.
    Will be praying ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way of describing our March, Cheryl! Makes me look back and think "It WAS a blessed month" even though I grumbled about the weather more than a few times. Your outlook is gracious and humbling! I love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your March memories post! I will pray for Kati, that all will go well for her, and that your April days will be filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl,
    What a terrific way to share with each other!
    Really enjoying this post.
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A poignant post with such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing post Cheryl.
    I always look forward to your month in reflection.
    I'm keeping Kati in my prayers and thoughts.
    I agree these are the 'in between' days as we wait and prepare our way.
    Lent and the preparation for Easter is a good time for each of us to take stock.

    Thank you for hosting Cheryl.
    I will visit everyone when I get home from work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Cheryl, I like the way you ended the post, reminding us that we are living "in between" days. Thanks for hosting this, it was motivation to go through my photos for the month and do a little "housecleaning" while looking for those special ones
    Will be keeping Kati in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely as usual. I hope all goes well with Kati. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "Month of In Between" is so encouraging to me,Cheryl,and the photos are absolutely precious.Many times during your "in between month", I have thought and prayed for Kati. Your thought of how all of our days are "in between" is so true, thank you for sharing.
    I might not get to post this month on Gathering Moments, as I have had family visiting this past week, and today i am trying to visit those who commented on my last post, and you how quickly us girls like to get things back in order in our homes. I will try real hard~smile~
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...