As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, March 21, 2014

Gran With a "G"


I had tucked a little pack of monogrammed note cards in with my granddaughter Eve's Christmas gift when her family visited in November. "Eve," I said, "if you'll write a note to me, I will write one back to you." 

Eve (6): Do you have one with your letter on it? 
Me: No, I don't. Maybe I'll have to get some cards with a "C" on them.  
Eve: No, you need cards with a "G" on them, because I call you "Gran." 

So I bought some "G" cards to use when I write to Eve. 



"Gran" is a great name.

18 comments:

  1. LOVE!

    That is precious!

    You are so inspiring to me as a grandmother!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this....I think I need some
    "G" cards too. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gran is a wonderful name. So is Nana. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the sheep in your header photo, BTW. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is! Have you received some notes? I see a few with an "e."

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful of you! I love those kind of conversations.
    And the phrase you dropped into my heart this week..."forging ahead with joy"....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your grandaughter is writing to her gran! Snail mail is always welcome and takes the sting out of grands that live far away. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is precious. And yes, gran is THE greatest! Hurrah for the encouragement of snail mail. In years to come you can both pull out the old letters and remember... E-mail and facebook... gone!

    Just reading through old posts and wanted to say... LOVE your bedroom. The red and white wingback wants to visit Oregon I think. ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Special notes between a girl and her Gran. How heartwarming! I love being a Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious! Yes Gran is a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I write to my granddaughter occasionally and have finally had one back in her 5 year old handwriting! It's nice that we can help these kiddos learn about the "art of a handwritten letter." :-) (Fading quickly we know. )

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something so 'grand' about the name 'Gran' :) and yes, I agree, you SHOULD have a notecard with a 'G' on front!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute....little notes for your little gal. I'll bet she loves them.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this soo much. I think the art of a hand wrtten note is fading fast and we need to encourage it. I've got 4 soon to be grands in TX and send handmade cards to them all the time - they've sent a few back too.

    You go Gran!!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...