As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, October 13, 2013

CeLeBRaTe!! {Day 13 ~" Tune My Heart"}





Some days my heart needs to be tuned. It is out of sorts or disgruntled or stingy or even overwhelmed. And on those days, my heart is not singing His grace. Maybe I can't hear the music. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong thing. But for whatever reason, I am out of tune.  

And honestly? I can't tune myself. My hearing is distorted and my singing is dissonant. 

That's when I need to pause. To come away for a time, even a few minutes, and tune out everything else. To let Him tune my heart. As I listen to Him, He changes my focus. He changes my tune. 

And then I can sing His grace. 

Because there isn't anything else worth singing. 




Celebrating His grace today...



Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
And teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
I'll praise the Mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of Thy redeeming love

Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by Thy help I come
Oh, and I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Oh Jesus, sought me when a stranger
Wondering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood

So to grace, how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
And let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above



*** Giveaway on Monday! ***

This is Day 13 in the series CeLeBRaTe!!  Click ~here~ to see more.



5 comments:

  1. What a good way to describe what needs to be done in our hearts!

    Love this hymn!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Cheryl, Dh listened to the hymn with me, his comment "so peaceful"! I so often need a tune up, too, so as to sing His grace. Enjoying this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sang this today! How cool is that. Funny story about one of my pastors who serves on the Praise and Worship Team as a guitarist. Sometimes he gets so out of tune that he will halt the proceedings to get it right. Personally, it drives me nuts. I'd prefer that he keep playing along...I doubt we joyful noisemakers would know anyway. Not sure what the connection my story has to yours, but there you have it. I do love this song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video was great...can't usually watch them with my iPad, though I could with this one...very peaceful and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sang this tonight in church! I've enjoyed catching up on this week and you have done such a nice job and the photos to accompany are wonderful! When I read the movies you enjoy I wondered if you had seen the series Lark Rise to Candleford? Maybe I already asked you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...