As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, February 28, 2014

{Gathering the Moments} February




There were so many gray days in February. The gray was almost palpable. 

Before I began gathering the moments, I thought that gray might be the color of the sky and the color of the month. But as I gathered, I found beauty in the gray. 


There were red roses, a home sewn heart from my dear granddaughter, tender moments, sweet treats, and expressions of love. 


There was a lovely post-Valentine luncheon hosted by my mom where the girls of the family were treated to all sorts of beautiful food and time together and chocolate to take home.


There was cold outside, but warmth inside. The warmth of candlelight and slow cooker meals, knitting projects and coffee surprises in the afternoon.


There were happy faces with sunny smiles that broke through the gray. Gatherings with family and with friends. 


And there was gray. 

Kati's illness, yes, and failed plans. But there are those of our family and friends who are facing so much more. Some health challenges. Some grief. Some the dark night of the soul. 


And so, as time continues and another month ends and we walk into the next, I pray that the Son who is The Light will pierce the gray. May we be able to say with the Psalmist, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 





Again with this month, I am inviting you to join me in "gathering the moments." You may wish to share two or three photos, or several collages, or bunches of photos...with words, or without words. The link-up below will be a gathering place for us to reflect and share and connect. (The link-up will stay open for a week, so you have plenty of time to gather.)




14 comments:

  1. You express and illustrate so well your month of good times and challenges. You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your gray will be come clear and peace will stay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the images. Life is full of challenges of one kind or another. Our peace is in knowing that God is still in control, and that He loves his children. Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. As always, so beautifully eloquent. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standing when it's gray says a lot about a person. I know that you feel perfectly convinced that God is for you and not against you. I've been singing that song often. Praying for the sun to shine and all the gray to recede. What warm family times you share with us! Please thank your family for being such excellent blog fodder...they are a special group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Cheryl. I'm going to have to try this next month. Hope I didn't say that last month...
    Lovely moments have been gathered here, though. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write so beautifully, Cheryl! You've had many lovely days in February, but it seems that we all have to endure some grayness in our lives. Praying that those gray days will turn into peaceful, bright sunshiny days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you do this. You capture the joy soo well. I am praying those gray days will lighten soon! Such a blessing though to see the joy in the midst. Hope you have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great summary of your month. Grey plus light and smiles and love and laughter equals joy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Cheryl. Hopefully it is fixed now. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pictorial of the month of Feb. You are gifted with the ability to put the right
    words with your pictures.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always look forward to your monthly photo essays! Such a treasure trove of images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't agree with you more on the "palpable gray" note. I have never been more ready for spring! Another great gathering, Cheryl. The light of Christ does, indeed, pierce the gray days of life, not just the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gathering Moment's photos are precious and priceless, even more are your thoughts, always so encouraging. I am sorry to read of Kati's illness I pray she is now well.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...