As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, February 14, 2014

Photo-a-Day Challenge ~ Week 2


Continuing with Kati's photo challenge...a photo-a-day...


February Challenge...


day 8: sky
Gray. Day after day after day.
(And gray has been my mood this week. I am craving sunshine.)



day 9: entrance
I wasn't satisfied with this shot of my back door entrance,
but it was too cold to go back out and take another. At least, I thought so.
I do love this entrance though. On the other side of this door is my favorite place in the world.
Home.




day 10: self portrait
Oh dear.
(I'd like to have a word with the gal who designed this challenge.)



day 11: something new
I am thrilled with this "something new"!
This gorgeous scherenschnitte was made by my super-talented-artist friend Kim.
Beginning in October, Kim wrote an inspiring blog series called 31 Days to Take Joy!
She created an actual papercutting to serve as the artwork for her series button, and then she framed it and gave it away to a lucky winner...ME!
While I choose from the many places where I think it would be beautiful, it sits here on a cabinet in my kitchen as part of a Valentine's vignette.


day 12: in your cup
A mocha. Oh yeah.
Gotta have something to brighten up these gray days.
And I have learned to make my own, without going to Starbucks thank you.
(Starbucks' mochas are better, of course, but this one is not bad and costs a lot less.)


day 13: red
My chair.
Love red.
Love my chair.



day 14: heart
Homemade heart on a homemade cabinet.
Home is where the heart is.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

But whether or not you are celebrating with a sweetheart today, this...
this is the greatest love of all:

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us
and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Oh, what love!

"Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?"

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, even the self portrait!

    You are a lovely woman whose home reflects the beauty and joy inside of you!

    Love you much!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with this is that it causes you to stretch and that creates interest. It's very, very cool! Love that win of yours...such a pretty piece and if I knew how to spell Sherry Neetsy or whatever it is, I would! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are all wonderful, I love the pretty scherenschnitte!
    Have a lovely Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are great again this week! I especially like the one of your back door because you can see both glimpses of what is inside and reflections of what is outside. Very representative of its purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work! It's making you think, now isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! All good pictures and I love what you write about them. And that's a great "selfie." :-) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your photos and your idea of presenting them a few at a time! Your Valentine vignette is so pretty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved these photos this week. I can't even say which one was my favorite. I loved them all. That paper cutting picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful! Simply Beautiful! especially Day 10

    I missed the beginning of this challenge. How wonderful for Kati to set up this motivating activity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...