As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Such Sweetness!


When my daughter-in-law Sarah sent me this picture, my heart melted.

Peter (3), Nora (5), Eve (6)

At first, I thought that the children were at church, dressed in their Sunday best. But then I realized that this was at their home, sitting on a bench that their daddy had not yet built when we visited last May

So why were they dressed up?

"She's been waiting for this day for about 9 months. When the three kids came down for the morning they were all dressed up, seeing that this was a very important day."   ~Ryan (Nora's Daddy)


Can you feel the excitement?!




It was a very special day indeed...this day that Honora Jean turned five! 


It was a day of presents,
including a boy doll who was "born in Maine" and a new pink dress.




It was also the day that big sister Eve (6) could finally present Nora with
the beautiful doll that Eve made herself!

(Eve had shared her secret with me via email, but we kept it hush-hush.)

Isn't this a wonderful first sewing project? I think Eve has promise as a seamstress! 



It was a day for a special birthday meal
and "Birthday Cake" ice cream cones!

(And that ice cream cone is not nearly as sweet as her smile!)



Do you want to know another exciting thing for Nora?
At her house, age five means no more naps!


It was a "very important day" indeed.
(And I am melting faster than the Birthday Cake ice cream cone.)


13 comments:

  1. No more naps? Oh my! Oh, I know, naps can be just for fun! =D

    That is a sweet doll that Eve made for Nora. And that is a sweet bench that their dad made, too. It must come in very handy for many applications. I know I need one just inside the door for boot days like today.

    They sure are a pretty garden of grands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet - love those bright smiles. Happy Birthday to darling Nora!!

    Bet you can't wait to see them again.

    Blessings
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are ALL just darling! The doll her sister made is just precious! Happy birthday to your sweet Nora! And no more naps? doesn't get much better at 5, haha Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much adorable for one blog post; I can hardly stand it! Such precious, precious smiles on those faces as they all celebrate Nora's 5th birthday. Ah, that is the stuff that fills a Gran's heart full to bursting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweetness! They are all so happy looking and cute as can be! Happy Birthday to young Nora!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet faces! I love the doll Eve made for Nora. My daughter made quite a few little dolls. I hope that little doll gets treasured well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some day she'll be excited about a nap! What fun pictures to melt your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious - all of them! Especially that birthday girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetness for sure! Happy Birthday, Honora! That smile is absolutely contagious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. From those pictures there is no doubt that those are some very happy, well loved, sweet children. And they have such great names, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of those giggly smiles! And belated birthday greetings to the young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, dear Nora! I know you are going to have many special memories with your beautiful doll made just for you by your sweet sister. Being 5 is really great, except the no more naps thing. I kind of like naps :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...