As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, February 17, 2014

Sunday Snapshots: Not Too Late to Celebrate


Yesterday was all about red and hearts and celebrating love. Yes, February 14th had passed, but is it ever too late to say "I love you"? 



The children arrived clutching handmade Valentines. Perfect.


Sunday dinner had an Asian flair with sesame chicken and a spinach salad with sesame dressing. Dessert was a chocolate-orange cake. Mmmmm...

Ben (5): Chocolate cake! Chocolate cake! Cake! I want the whole cake!

The little girl in the polka dot shirt was thrilled with her polka dot straw.


After dinner, we played our usual game of Apples to Apples,


Who could blame Aunt Kati for trying to photograph her adorable nephew?


Have you ever seen the "Simon's Cat" videos? If you're a cat lover (we are!), then you should click this link and watch one or two or six. They are sooooo "cat"!


Before the grands left, each received a box of chocolates from Gran and Papa.

Alaine (3): Oooooo...pretty!
Ben (5): Can I eat them all?
Top: Take a look at Ben's cheek. :)  Bottom: The big boys make decisions.


Ben was a hungry boy yesterday!

And it was not too late to celebrate love.




8 comments:

  1. LOVED everything about this...from the homemade valentines to the yummy dinner with a scrumptious looking chocolate cake, perfect. Your right of course. Never too late to say I love you! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the entire cake is GONE! Ha! What fun family times. We had a little Valentine's Tea on Friday. I don't think that the boys were overly impressed. Looks, though, that your boys and girls were! Off to see some cat videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those were fun! I liked the one of the cat wanting in. That's how Fioré is trying to get out! The food one was pretty funny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times. You're so right, it's always time to celebrate love. The cheek full of chocolate is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've probably guessed that I'm a cat lover! :) I loved the Simon video, I could just picture any one of mine with the box. lol!
    Sweet photos of your family enjoying a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute, lovely meal, and what a great cake! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the roses are beautiful as is the food. What wonderful memories you are building into your grandchildren! Thanks for the cat link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Your meal looks delicious! What a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...