As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, February 21, 2014

Photo-a-Day Challenge ~ Week 3


I have managed to take a photo each day, despite a challenging week here of sick days and altered plans and sleep deprivation. Here are the photos I took as part of Kati's Photo-a-Day Challenge:


February Challenge...



day 15: phone
My tiny track phone.
I may be the last person on the planet without a smart phone. No weather apps or GPS or dictionary. But I can check in with my family when I am out, and I can find Ron in Walmart, so it's not exactly a stupid phone, now is it?


day 16: makes you smile
These girls make me smile!
I took this picture on Sunday as Kristin showed Alaine the snowman shape she had pressed into her sandwich. As I looked at it later, gratitude welled up in my heart.
The fact that my grandchildren are being parented well makes me smile!
All of my grandchildren have parents who love them, who teach them the important things, and who guide them toward the path of truth.
Can a Gran ask for more?  


day 17: time
This was my grandfather's watch, which makes it a treasure to me.
Time marches on...the moments, the days, the weeks, months, and years.
"For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."
I am challenged to choose to spend my time with a mind for eternity.


day 18: drink
My evening coffee. A daily ritual.


day 19: eyes
Bekah's big, beautiful, brown eyes.
When she was a baby, people were always ooing and aahing over those eyes.
Now those beautiful eyes are aided by her glasses and these many months later (she got her glasses last summer), she is still amazed at what she can see!  


day 20: handwriting
Copywork.
A daily ritual in our homeschool.



day 21: pattern
I am drawn to colonial coverlet patterns.
Both my living room sofa and the love seat in the kitchen's sitting area are covered in a coverlet pattern,
and I have a few pillows and throws here and there throughout the house.
This photo is of a table runner that I picked up at a local antique store after Christmas.
It was made by Family Heirloom Weavers of Red Lion, Pennsylvania. I visit their website and drool.





If you'd like to take a peek, here are Week 1 and Week 2.



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And such thoughtful and lovely comments to go with each. Tough weeks often cause us to focus on the eternal, the steadfast, and the beauty of God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet photo of your daughter with her own...it has got to be a feeling of peace knowing that all your grands are being raised in loving, godly homes.

    I laughed out loud at the comment about the "not stupid" phone. Mine is not stupid either, but would you believe that John has a new flat screen phone? He does think it is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,
    I don't have a smart phone either. Fine with me!
    I would love to have coffee in the evening....but not the caffeine. It looks delicious!
    Also, yes....Bekah's beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. I'd say your phone is pretty smart for it does what you need it to do.
    I love all the grace-filled thoughts you share with your photos! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful ohotos, as always, right on the mark, uplifting, loving, and I never want your posts to end. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful glimpses of your week through photos and words.
    I think the term "smart phone" is a misnomer - it's the user that needs to be smart, not the phone. You're smart to know what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl...such great photos! We have my husband's grandfather's old pocket watch (it's actually the one in my header) that hangs in a cloche. It is one of my favorite objects to photograph. And just so you know...I still have a dumb phone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scripture! I just got a 'grown up' phone last July! I love it but my husband will only use his old flip phone. I'm just grateful he uses it! As you say - we can find each other in Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've kept up well, inspite of the week you've had!

    Great photos. I was touched by your comments about your grandchildren being parented well. Sigh. Praying here for that as well!

    1 week to go!

    See you then!

    Love you
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a terrific job with the challenge! Love Bekah's soulful eye. And the handwriting - take more like that for my monthly photo challenge please! Love the overshot weaving pattern too. I can't remember the name of that particular pattern. I've done weaving like that and it is a bear to warp up the loom with all those tiny threads! My husband is still holding on to his basic mobile phone, and I finally upgraded to a smart phone a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pics. You always capture your subjects so beautifully. It is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job getting those lovely photos this week. Each one a glimpse into your sweet world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...