As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Slow Cooker Tuesday ~ Week 8 {Crock Pot Rice Pudding}


Today, my special guest is special indeed...my own daughter Kati, who blogs at Kati's Little Corner of the World!

Kati's Little Corner of the World


Kati's blog is a treasure trove of photography, crafts, hymns, vintage decor, and the occasional niece-and-nephew stories. Oh...and recipes. Lots of yummy goodness. Don't hate me because I get to be one of the taste testers.

I was happy to be a taste tester for this one...mmmmm good! 





I love making desserts of all varieties. One thing I hadn't tried making was rice pudding. Mom makes the stove top kind almost every year for Dad's birthday but I've never tried it myself. I've come across several recipes for crock pot rice pudding on Pinterest so I decided to give it a try. It was easy to put together and not time consuming at all. I took this recipe as my inspiration but I changed a lot of things to fit our tastes. 


1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup half and half
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

1. Combine whipping cream, half and half, milk, sugar, rice, and vanilla in a slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until creamy, stirring once or twice.
3. Stir in cinnamon and raisins.


Thank you, Kati Grace! 


So, readers, have you ever turned to your slow cooker to make dessert?





Looking for a recipe from another week?
Week 2: Mexican Chicken
Week 3: Beef Ragu
Week 5: Cashew Chicken

9 comments:

  1. I have never used my crockpot for dessert!

    I have a question for Kati - can you use brown rice? It typically takes longer to cook so would that be the only difference?

    It sounds so easy and good!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do make bread pudding in mine, I did a post on it, too, awhile back. Have to try this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and LOOKS delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rice pudding sounds wonderful! I LOVE cheesecake in the Crock-Pot...and Key Lime Pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooo...I'm more of a bread pudding gal, but this rice pudding sounds scrumptious. Maybe I'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made dessert in my crockpot. This recipe sounds very tasty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...this sounds rich and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love rice pudding here. I have a recipe from both my husband's grandmother and my aunt. I'd love to try making it in the slow cooker. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea to make in the crockpot and my mouth is watering! I think I'm going to try it,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...