As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, February 24, 2014

Plans For This Week


"Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.'" 
James 4:15



Plans made. Plans changed. Plans on hold. Plans up in the air. 

That is life at our house since Kati became ill last week. 

The good news is that all of the "bad" things have been ruled out. (Thank you, Lord!) But yet we wait for test results and answers. 

We are seeking His guidance in making decisions, great and small. "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." (Jeremiah 10:23)  

And so we put all of our plans into His hands.




Plans (Lord willing...see above!) for the blog this week...

Sometime tomorrow I'll post this week's Slow Cooker Tuesday recipe. Guess what? Kati is guest posting for me this week! Poor girl! How can she be up to doing this? Well, she is not a procrastinator like her mom, so she had already made the recipe (twice!) and had written her post before she became ill. 

On Friday I will be posting this month's Gathering the Moments, including a link-up in which I invite you to join me. (Again, the link-up will stay open for a week, so you have plenty of time to gather. Details ~here~.)      

Thinking About Home


Then on Saturday, I will be sharing the last week of February's Photo-a-Day Challenge. (Yes, I realize that it will be March by then!)

As I have indicated, we are planning loosely around here. These are my plans...Lord willing. And if anything changes, I know you'll understand.




(Maybe you'd like to listen to this old hymn, as sung by Amy Grant..."Sweet Will of God." Beautiful.)

11 comments:

  1. i do hope Kati is getting better, I thought it might be the flu.........saying extra prayers for Kati and you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying right now that Kati will be good as new very soon. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and hoping that Kati will soon be well. Plans do change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing you can count on...plans/things DO change. Praying Katie feels well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry Kati has been ill. I pray they get to the root of the cause quickly and that she makes full recovery soon. And for all the family as you deal with this bit of an upheaval in your world.
    What a blessing to know that the Lord promises us victory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know all about plans needing to change :) We're praying that Kati is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which reminds me...has Kati been feeling any better? We are praying here for answers or, short of that, the problem to just vanish.

    Your red tulips are perfection in your beautiful kitchen.

    The Lord willing is a good phrase. I think we'd be surprised how often He is willing.

    Hoping to particpate, if The Lord is willing. (I have been working on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to hold our plans with open hands, don't we? So sorry about Kati and hope things are much better now. Love your tulips! We grew up writing "D.V." after any plans--Latin for "God Willing." Have you heard of that? I still write it and younger folks say "huh?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tulips! Sorry to hear Kati is not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Kati!
    Donna Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that sweet Kati is feeling better soon! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...