As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reflections {2012}


As I have wandered through my last year's posts, reflecting and trying to put together a year in review, so to speak, I have decided that my blog doesn't fit any of the typical blog genres. I am all over the place!  Thinking About Home is not a food blog, even though I share recipes.  It's not a house blog, although I show you my seasonal decorations.  Mine is not a homeschool blog, but I talk about our homeschool quite a bit.  It's not a DIY blog, although I share all of our house projects and an occasional craft idea.  And then there are the musings and ponderings...

Nevertheless, I have gathered a few highlights from my blog over the past year.  Of course, these are the highlights from my own perspective.  And, of course, they are all over the place!



JANUARY
I made the short story long as I told you about a special Christmas gift and how it involved a conversation with a celebrity!  

As I do several times each year, I shared our current Morning Time, but this time I followed it with


FEBRUARY
This was one of those months with lots of musings.  I related a story of one of God's gentle nudges to my mother's heart.  

And then I pondered what it means to be "older" and invited my readers to participate in the discussion.


MARCH
I shared a household hint that I discovered via Pinterest, a way to remove scratch marks from white dishes.  Who knew that this simple tip would become (also thanks to Pinterest) the most viewed post of my entire blog?!  Not I!  



APRIL
All the way until April, you hung with me as we painted our kitchen cabinets, a project that I had been yammering about off and on for six months.


MAY
I ask myself some hard questions in



JUNE
After months of talking about it, and weeks of doing it, and then a computer glitch that prevented me from sharing it, I posted photos of our completed kitchen remodel.

And then more ponderings, this time about the role of "father."


JULY
Big changes were afoot in July, as our son Ryan and his family moved across country.  It was all I could talk about.  You prayed with me as they traveled, and you rejoiced with me when they arrived at their destination.  (Thank you again.)
and


AUGUST
August was a serial month, I suppose.
I did a mini series about getting started in homeschooling, beginning with this post

and I finished my "Salad on Tuesdays" series with


SEPTEMBER
This month found me relishing the beginning of my favorite season.  No less than seven posts had the words "autumn" or "fall" in the title!  From back-to-school to autumn crafts to decorating the Farmhouse, it was all about autumn.  One of my favorite posts was this one, mostly because of the photographic record of a simple and satisfying ordinary kind of day.



OCTOBER
For 31 days in October, I challenged us to consider our views on hospitality.


NOVEMBER
The highlight of our month (our year?) was our beautifully blessed Thanksgiving weekend, when Ryan and family came for a visit, and our family was all together under one roof!  Life (this earthly life, that is) just doesn't get much better than that.  I shared our Thanksgiving photos here...
With Thankful Hearts
(and I shared our family picture ~here~...and kept on sharing ~here~ and ~here~ and ~here~and ~here~.)



DECEMBER
More musings as I shared a quote, a song, some thoughts.  I took you on a house tour

and shared our family's Christmas celebration in





Yes, I am truly "all over the place", although mostly at home.  Thank you to all of you who take the time to visit my little blog and take a peek into my home and listen in on my musings!  


6 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    I think I may do a year in review as well!

    Thankful for you, my friend!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is not to love here? I think that many of us belong to the "eclectic" group. You can call it "all over the place" if you like, but that sounds so scatterbrained to me and I KNOW that you are NOT. (I may be, but that's a different story.) So enjoyed dipping in to this one and that one. I was shocked to realize that I was here a year ago...hadn't suspected it. This only proves that time flies!

    I've done one of these years in review mosaic style for Mosaic Monday. That way I can cheat and slap in lots of photos.

    Yes, indeed, this was a very sweet review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons I love visiting your blog is that I know when I come that it will be filled with all things that concern home, written by someone who truly has a heart for God, her family, and her home.
    Thank you for sharing your life with me.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm relatively new to your blog - arriving in November for the 31 Days of Hospitality. I'd call your blog, and many other favourites a "slice of life" blog, covering a myriad of topics.
    I hope your next year of blogging is equally eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we have similar blogs--not real theme oriented. Since I am a bit new to your blog, I enjoyed your year review. I L O V E your kitchen redo ... love the green especially and the countertops, and your kitchen window over the sink, which I always think of as the heart of the kitchen! And my sister and I were just talking about the scratches on white plates and what to do about it so really appreciated that old post!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I obviously don't do a theme blog either. I thought about it but I really want to use my blog to write down anything I want. I'm not doing it to promote a business or even a point of view. So, I like our "eclecticness"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...